Sunday, March 28, 2010

Experts123

I came across a new website for freelance writers called Experts123. They are accepting applications for paid contributors. Writers are said to earn up to $20 per article. I applied and was accepted the next day. Writers receive upfront payment for submitted work and do not retain rights to the work. Most of the articles I found in the queue were offering $8.00-12.00. If you are looking for an upfront payment writing website and you don't mind writing very technical articles, (most are legal, tax, computer etc.) this website may be for you. Here is how to go about applying:

  1. Go to the Experts123.com application
  2. Read it.
  3. Join Experts.123
  4. Once you have entered your email address, username and password to join, you will be taken to the application screen.
  5. Send a sample file along with links to 3 published articles with your application.
  6. Once you have applied, you will be taken to a screen where you can go ahead and complete your profile. Green check marks should appear beside each section of your profile.
  7. After you receive the welcome letter (usually the next day) you must log in again and activate your account. You will have to complete your profile now, if you haven't already done it. You will then be able to see all titles that are available. To get to them, go to your profile page, a new tab titled "assignments" will be there after your account is activated.
I wrote my first article for Experts123 on March 28th, 2010. After submitting my first assignment I noticed that you can not accept new assignments while your first article is pending editor approval. I received approval for the article on March 31st, 2010, so it took 3 days. After my initial article was approved, I was able to select new article titles immediately. There was no waiting period while the recently submitted articles were in editor approval.

101 Freelance Writing Websites

2 comments:

David Guion said...

Is this from the same folks who started and pulled the plug on Life123?

HSSchulte said...

Hi David,

You know I have no proof of that, but a strong suspicion that it is the same folk. The name obviously is an indicator. They also used the same words in their promotion to writers, "We want to be the best place online to write." I personally loved Life123 and was disappointed when they decided to stop accepting content. They paid me the full $20 possible for all my articles. If Life123 opened again today, I'd write as much as I could there.

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Followers