Wednesday, December 29, 2010

BrightHub's Commissioned Content

At the beginning of this month, I was very excited to receive an email inviting me to write commissioned content for BrightHub. What is commissioned content? According to the invitation commissioned content is a separate BrightHub channel.

You don't apply to this channel as you do to all the other BrightHub channels, you must be invited by the managing editor. The content written in this channel doesn't get published on BrightHub's website either. It is published on a 3rd party website. To me, it is like Helium's marketplace. BrightHub offers chosen writers the opportunity to write for other websites at a higher rate.

What is that rate? $20 for 400 words. Not too shabby. I normally prefer residual payment, but at 5 cents a word, who could resist? It's an amazing opportunity and I'm proud to say that I'm one of BrightHub's current 59 commissioned content writers. Just one more perk of writing for the big green Hub! For more information on applying to write at Bright Hub, visit: "How to Start Writing for Bright Hub."

No comments:

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Followers