Saturday, September 10, 2011

Is America Looking for Ways to Buy Gold? What I Learned Blogging this Week

As a freelance writer and blogger, it is not unusual for me to browse my Google Adsense earnings. I often look to see what ads are earning money and what ads are not. I was a little surprised to see ads for gold sales popping up on my telecommuting blog (right here.) I was more surprised by the number of people that seem to be clicking that ad.

This new trend leads me to believe that America is looking for ways to buy gold. It's not uncommon for people to turn to gold during a recession or depression. However, it may not be the safest investment. During severely desperate times, such as the great depression, people were constantly being robbed. Hording gold in your home would be a good investment during uncertain financial times, as gold consistently increasing in value, were it not for the ever looming fear of having it stolen.

If you do not have a secure place to store your gold, don't consider purchasing it to keep in your home. Also, if you choose to buy gold online, be very careful of the website from which you purchase it. Online gold sales scams are at an all time high, with people buying gold from dealers with no contact information published on the site!

If you are experiencing economic hardship, consider freelancing. There are many ways to earn money working at home as a freelance writer. If you are interested in writing, visit 101 Websites for the Freelance Writer to find out more.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Followers