Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WeHow 2009


In a year and a half of writing, I have managed to build up my residual earnings to $400 per month. I credit eHow with most of my residual income. For those of you that are unfamiliar with "residual income," it means I earn the income based on already published work. If I take time off from writing and write nothing at all, I still earn about $400 a month.

In addition to that, eHow invited me to a conference in San Francisco this year. They were kind enough to pay the travel and lodging expenses for 20 eHow writers.

While we were at the eHow conference, we gave feedback on the eHow "I Did This" tool, the eHow website, and we tested the new eHow "project tool." The project tool interfaces with Facebook and gives you a chance to get advice from your Facebook friends while completing an eHow project. When the project is finished, you have the option to publish the project as your own eHow article. Pretty cool, huh?

Chriss J, a writer that I met at the WeHow 2009 conference published a Squidoo lens about it. Her lens is loaded with photos and information about the event. Visit her lens here.

After returning home from the eHow conference, I received notification that I had been quoted in USA Today about my experiences writing for them. The USA Today article is available online.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Followers