When I began writing I would publish content anywhere it was accepted and I could earn money. But, as I broadened the number of websites where I write articles, it became clear that I could decide where to publish my content. Earnings are not the only factor to consider. The finish look of the article, where pictures are allowed in the article, where links are allowed in the article, etc. determine the website I place it.
Yes: Scholarly articles. They encourage citations.
No: Articles that require photos in the article. All Suite101's photos are added to the bottom of the article.
Yes: How to articles with distinct steps
No: Articles that are educational in nature, but do not necessarily have distinct actionable steps
Yes: Content with lots of links to outside sources. The purpose of a Squidoo "lens" is to encapsulate and organize content on the web. Lenses work well for organizing your own articles, creating backlinks, and also creating affiliate links.
No: Educational articles without links or pictures. For the most part, people don't really read lenses. They scan them for photos, headings and links. If a title catches their eye, they will read pieces of the textual content and keep scanning or skimming down the lens.
Yes: Any short text article (300 words)that you expect to reach 2000 views over it's life to reach maximum payout.
No: Articles with photos or links required. These aren't allowed.
Yes: Any title your channel manager will approve.
Yes: Buzz, hot topics, newsworthy articles
No: Informative articles that are not current news
Have you heard about URL rating as a work at home job? Recently, a friend shared a link with me to apply as an url rater for leapforce.com. ...
- ► 2011 (19)
- Life123 Is No Longer Accepting Writing!
- Earn Money Writing for Quality Gal
- Writing for the Untrained Housewife
- Writing for ZestBIT
- Applying to HumanRewriter.com
- Why You Won't Get Rich Writing Web Content
- Writing for Suite101 and Google
- How Much Money Can You Make Blogging?
- Writing for Dummies.com
- eHow Earnings
- Bukisa has Freelance Writing Opportunities Listed ...
- Freelance Writing Income History
- Tips for Writing Squidoo Lenses
- A Freelance Writing Mistake to Avoid: Don't Rush t...
- Where to Write Articles
- 9 Tips for a Better Squidoo Lens
- Writing How-Tos for Mahalo
- Article Content Provider
- Work at Home To Do List
- Article Income
- Common Tax Deductions for the Freelance Writer
- My 2009 Writing Income
- My Quest to Become a Giant Squid
- 101 Best Websites for Freelance Writers
- How to Write Website Content Readers Can Find
- Writing Suggested Titles
- Seasonality of Writing and What Earns When
- 2009 Writing Income and Goals for 2010
- ▼ January (30)