Writing web content is a good way to earn some passive income online. But, I think it is important for everyone to know that you will not get rich doing this. I have seen writer's promote themselves by promising easy money by writing for specific sites using specific techniques. Usually this type of hype promotes their book, which they don't tell you is the real way they make money online. They sell the dream of earning lots of money to those who want to earn as much as they do. Frankly, this type of hype leaves a bad taste in my mouth, it is the reason so many writers flocked to eHow hoping to make thousands of dollars for very little work.
You can make money writing for eHow, and many other websites online, but you will not get rich. Writing is not a career choice for those aspiring to become wealthy. Also, it will take quite a bit of work to write good quality, SEO optimized articles with enough backlinks to keep them ranked well with the search engines.
I write because I have a little extra time when my children are at school and I like to be doing something productive with my time when I am not being a mom. It earns me some extra money, but I do not hope to get rich.
Have you heard about URL rating as a work at home job? Recently, a friend shared a link with me to apply as an url rater for leapforce.com. ...
- ► 2011 (19)
- Life123 Is No Longer Accepting Writing!
- Earn Money Writing for Quality Gal
- Writing for the Untrained Housewife
- Writing for ZestBIT
- Applying to HumanRewriter.com
- Why You Won't Get Rich Writing Web Content
- Writing for Suite101 and Google
- How Much Money Can You Make Blogging?
- Writing for Dummies.com
- eHow Earnings
- Bukisa has Freelance Writing Opportunities Listed ...
- Freelance Writing Income History
- Tips for Writing Squidoo Lenses
- A Freelance Writing Mistake to Avoid: Don't Rush t...
- Where to Write Articles
- 9 Tips for a Better Squidoo Lens
- Writing How-Tos for Mahalo
- Article Content Provider
- Work at Home To Do List
- Article Income
- Common Tax Deductions for the Freelance Writer
- My 2009 Writing Income
- My Quest to Become a Giant Squid
- 101 Best Websites for Freelance Writers
- How to Write Website Content Readers Can Find
- Writing Suggested Titles
- Seasonality of Writing and What Earns When
- 2009 Writing Income and Goals for 2010
- ▼ January (30)